In the United States, the NFPA requires annual inspections of fire-resistance rated door and frame assemblies. Cofesa will be your most trustworthy partner in NFPA 80 inspections process.
NFPA 80.Fire door assemblies shall be inspected and tested not less than annually, and a written record of the inspection shall be signed and kept for inspection by the AHJ.
In recent years, NFPA 80 annual inspections have become a hot topic among the healthcare facility arena. the Life Safety Code 101, annual inspections of Fire Rated Door assemblies became a requirement. Along with the requirement of inspections, the code requires reports that contain specific information, as well as the inspector being trained as an inspector.
NFPA 80 5.2.4.requires the following items shall be verified, at minimum:
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames & glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware, and noncombustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge of the door frame, on the pull side of the door, do not exceed clearances listed in 4.8.4 (the clearance under the bottom of the door shall be a maximum of 3/4″) and 6.3.1 (top & edges 1/8″)
- The self-closing device is operational; that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before the active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secure the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation are not installed on the door or frame.
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity.
Our mission is to make sure your facility is in compliance. Call =1(786) 910-0772 or fill out the form to contact us!